Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Blue Lemon Bistro


Recently, the Blue Lemon Bistro opened in Highland, Utah and I have been anxious to try it out. I finally got the chance yesterday when my cousin and I popped in for lunch. I hadn't heard how the food was, so I had no expectations. The atmosphere was very modern, fun, and cozy. I began reading the menu and simply could not decide what to order because everything looked fabulous! I finally came across their fish tacos and knew I had to give them a try. First, let me just say, I am very picky when it comes to fish tacos. I love the fish tacos from Red Butte Café in Salt Lake City, and I am normally disappointed when I order them elsewhere. However, that was about to change! The presentation alone was beautiful and the taste was equally delicious! I enjoyed the combination of shrimp and salmon. My first bite was heavenly. They were one of the best if not the best fish tacos I have ever had. I no longer have to drive to Salt Lake to get my fish taco fix. The tacos were served with sweet potato fries which were amazing! I don't have any pictures of the food because I was so wrapped up in how amazing it was that I didn't even think about it. On our way out I saw that they had some cupcakes. How could I leave a place without cupcakes? So I went up to the counter and I got the lemon while my cousin got the vanilla. The cupcake, like the tacos, was delicious! My cousin also had a lot of wonderful things to say about the vanilla. I am already counting the days until I visit this bistro again. I am actually a little nerovous it's going to affect my pocket book but a part of me could care less! This is definitely a new great place to eat and I would advise anyone to go and check it out!
Sorry about the not so good pics, but I think these cuppies
look amazing regardless of the bad lighting!




6 comments:

  1. I'm going there next week. I think I'll have to try a cupcake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm.. these cupcakes look delish! I am such a fan of fish tacos too. I order them whenever I see them on a menu. I am determined to find the best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. carly did I mention yet that when I look at your blog---I hate my life?!! ;) i wish I could eat all the yummy stuff you make--you are SO talented--I think you shouldn't try to be healthier becuase you are so talented at treats ;) ---I was just going to tell you--the mock thin mints--I think they taste VERY close to the real thing--AND using the semi-sweet chocolate (only dairy free kind) makes it a TINY bit bitter--since-it's that kind of chocolate)--I bet you could make whatever chocolate you'd like-that would taste more like the kind girl scout kind uses---your SIL can have dairy right?!! anyways--it was fun to make them and I am freezing the extras!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, so fun to meet you yesterday. And can I say your cupcakes LOOK fabulous, yummy it's making me hungry. And I am going to try the bistro this weekend, can't wait! I'll let you know. Thanks for the advice, you are such a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is the blue Lemon's address?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blue Lemons address is 11073 N. Alpine Hwy. Highland Utah. Hope you have a change to go! I recently tried their chicken raspberry salad and it was delish!

    ReplyDelete