Sunday, January 10, 2010

Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies


The chocolate chip cookie-it seems like everyone is constantly striving to find the ultimate recipe. I am no exception. I always try different recipes, hoping to find some unbelievable recipe that somehow tops my usual chocolate chip cookie, but it hasn't happened yet. I always go back to my standard, which was a recipe I got from a lady in my home neighborhood. These cookies are truly amazing. They are always sure to please, never to disappoint. I think the secret is all of the mixing that is required. I make mine in my bosch, I haven't tried it yet in my kitchen aide mixer but am anxious to see if the results are the same. If anyone has a chocolate chip cookie recipe that you think could beat mine out, I'd love to hear it! I LOVE my recipe, but am not closed minded and am open to the possibility that some other recipe could be better:) I usually put chopped up symphony bar bits in my cookies instead of chocolate chips, I think that extra touch makes these cookies out of this world!

My Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies

Note: Like I said above, I have only made this in my bosch mixer, they could turn out a little different if you make them with a hand held mixer or with a kitchen aide, but I'm sure they would still be great:)

Mix for 8 minutes (stopping at 4 min. to scrap down sides)

¾ c. butter

¾ c. butter flavor Crisco

1 ½ c. firmly packed brown sugar

1 c. sugar

Add:

¼ c. milk

2 Tbs. vanilla

Add 2 eggs, one at a time, mixing for 2 min and 30 sec. after each.

Combine dry ingredients in separate bowl:

3 ½ c. flour

2 tsp. salt

1 ½ tsp. baking soda

Mix dry ingredients together thoroughly so everything is combined. Add to creamed mixture and don’t mix long-just pulse to blend. If you have a bosch, pulse the medium switch 3-4 times.

Mix in by hand 2 c. chocolate chips.

Baking at 350 7-8 min.

7 comments:

  1. Mmm! those look so good. I wonder if they would be good with gluten free flour? I will have to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carly,

    I saw this post yesterday and thought about these cookies all night long. So, the kids and I made them today and they were fabulous! By far better than my chocolate chip cookie recipe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Casey I am so glad you liked them! I definitely think they are a keeper:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would kill for one of those right now....

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi carly,its jaci, Montell told me about the ...and its good for me too blog...i loved it, and then i found that you had a blog also, now i know where to get recipes when i need them! ;)Just thought i'd say hi. Hope your pregnancy is going well!

    Jaci

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carly. I made these last week and I had to use a handmixer :( You are right they didn't turn out the same. I also though did forget to put in the crisco. I didn't notice until I had added the chocolate chips and i thought the batter was a little off. hhaha they tasted ok, but I think the error was mostly me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. how many cookies does one portion make?

    ReplyDelete