Wednesday, July 21, 2010

4 years and one day ago....and lesson learned



Yesterday was our 4 year anniversary. 4 years! Wow-time flies when your having fun:) I remember on our last anniversary I was doing my lupron shots, and this year we have our little Eleni with us, I feel so lucky and blessed.

My parents, who are also our baby sitters, are out of town, so Eleni came on our date with us. We decided to just have a fun Salt Lake day and hit our favorite spots. First lunch at Trios. We got the rosemary flat bread which is my favorite! For my meal I got the butternut squash ravioli and Micah got the carbonara. They were both delicious.





Next we went to Hatch Family Chocolates where I got my favorite vanilla creams along with some raspberry cream chocolates and their coconut caramel. Now, I had heard that chocolate can make babies fussy if you eat it while breast feeding, but I thought "oh no it will be fine", so we then took off to minis cupcakes to grab some of my favorite cupcakes.

We got the Diva and Twisted Sister. Both full of chocolate and I ate them up. Hey it was my anniversary I could eat anything I wanted! We hung out in their Retro Cafe for a bit. It was so much fun, Eleni was in the best mood.



We then went to Orson Gygi and I grabbed a few things, then on our way home. So maybe not the most romantic annivesary but it was sure fun with our little peanut. Well...it was fun up to that point.

About 7:30 rolled around and Eleni started getting fussy so I started rocking her to sleep. She would fall asleep but fight it-start arching her back and kicking her legs, after an hour of this I just set her on the floor and she freaked out. And that's where it all began. Constant, horrible crying and screaming. It was awful. She has been so good, she has actually started to sleep through the night the past few nights and haven't had one freak out, so I knew it was the chocolate, darn it! I could tell she was in pain, that her tummy hurt. Then my tummy hurt cause I was sick to see my baby like this. I tried everything. She was screaming like I had never heard before, it was heart wrenching, finally at 11:30 (3 hours of straight crying/screaming) I told Micah he should give her a blessing, I couldn't think of anything else to do, so we said a prayer and he gave her a blessing.

He asked that her tummy would feel better and that she would calm down. I then laid with her in our bed and cuddled her up. After about 10 minutes she fell asleep. I don't know what I would do without the power of prayer and the miracle of priesthood blessings. I fell asleep too and Micah woke me up at 1:00 am because I was still in my clothes and everything. I put her in her crib and she slept till 6:30, and right now she is happily playing on her play mat.

So lesson learned, no more chocolate! That will definitely be an anniversary to remember. I'm hoping that the chocolate is out of my system and that we wont have another repeat today.

So I was meaning to post all about our anniversary yesterday but when Eleni started freaking out I just didn't have any time. But I'd like to give a quick shout out to my Hubby to tell him how much I love him:) I remember the day of our wedding like it was yesterday, one of the best days of my life. I'll never forget dancing the night away at our reception, and then later having people tell me after we left the DJ stayed because everyone still wanted to dance! I've heard stories of my dad (who is 6 foot 10) who started break dancing on the floor...wish I could have seen that:)

We've been through a lot the past 4 years, have traveled the world and have had many fun and amazing experiences, but I don't think anything we have ever done will compete with what lies ahead for us. Having a baby has been challenging and hard but also amazing. All we did yesterday was constantly take pictures of Eleni on our phone and camera, we couldn't take our eyes off of her, and when she would smile or make a cute face we would nudge eachother and say "hurry, look! She's making the most precious face!". She has brought both of us so much more joy than I think either of us could have imagined. I'm glad we got to spend our annivesary day with our little Eleni, I would have liked the later portion of the day to turn out a little differently but trust more, I've learned my lesson, no more chocolate!

Love you Micah and Happy Annivesary (yesterday:) ) Can't wait to celebrate many, many more with you!

some of my favorite pictures of our special day:)

7 comments:

  1. p.s. You look gorgeous on your Anniversary Date! Can't wait to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... 4 years?? I remember watching your wedding video at Bon Losee!! I have always loved your wedding dress- so gorgeous. Congrats~!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess my first comment didn't post...weird. Congrats and Happy Anniversary! I can't believe its been four years already. I loved seeing the pictures from your wedding, that was such a fun night! So sad about Eleni's little tummy, I'm glad Daci wasn't that sensitive, I don't think I could have given it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun to see those great pictures. I didn't think you could possibly look more beautiful than you did on your wedding day, but the glow of motherhood suits you so well! Sorry about the chocolate reaction. What's not to like about chocolate milk:). Eleni looks so precious!
    Happy Anniversary. What a beautiful family you have!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun and touching story. It's such a blessing to have the priesthood in your home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahhhhhh i love this, and i am so happy to have you as my sister! you're amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete