Wednesday, April 22, 2009

An Over the Top Outing!....


Ok-so I feel like I have been doing alot more eating than baking or cooking, so I apologize for not posting any new recipes but I promise I will get there! However, I have a feeling that whatever the next recipe is that I post, it could never "Top" my lattest and greatest find. My mom and I often like to go to Material Girls in South Jordan. Right next door a cookie shop opened called "Over the Top Cookies". Of course I had to check it out. First of all, as soon as I walked in I was blown away by the many delicious cookies on display. How could I choose just one?! Or even two!? Yep, that's right! I got three! Here are the three I tried:

Toffee Works: Milk Chocolate Chips, pecans, Toffee Bits, and toasted coconut sprinkled over the Top!

Snickered Out: Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies With chunks of Snickers® bar melted over the Top!

Twix Mix Up: Milk Chocolate Chip cookies with chunks of twix® candy bar melted over the Top!

I think my favorite was the Toffee works, but they were all delicious. And I have to say, I would choose one of these cookies any day over any cupcake I have ever had! I know I know I can't even believe I am saying it but it's true. I talked to the owner Rachel for a minute and I could definitely sense she had a love for what she was doing, and boy does she know what she's doing! Make sure you check thier site out here, or visit their store at 1665 W. Towne Center Drive, Suite B3 South Jordan UT. Her cookies are fabulous and I am counting down the days until I can go and get another one, or two, or three...


My food outing didn't end there. My mom and I went and picked up my cousin, her daughter and my grandma and we went to lunch at Trio's in Salt Lake. I have been there a few times now and I never get sick of it. My favorites are their rosemary flat bread served with goats cheese and the three cheese ravioli with the butternut squash. So good! But of course we had to top the day off with dessert (even though we started with it)

We went over to Mrs. Backer's Pastry Shop located at 434 E. South Temple, Salt Lake City, and got my favorite chocolate and coconut covered marshmallows. Each marshmallow is like a little piece of heaven! So good! I can't wait to try to duplicate these, but I know I will never be able to do them justice.

Me holding the mallows, I think the last time I had them
was when I was getting fitted for my wedding dress in the
store right next door, so almost 3 years! It felt so
good to be holding them again!

Me (still clinging to my mallows) and my grandma. Isn't her red hair gorgeous? She
has never had a grey in her life!

My mom with my second cousin Mia

Me and my darling cousin Montell, I still haven't managed to
let go of the mallows!
Mia holding her cupcake. I love the cupcake
next to her tye dye shirt. This picture reminds me of my childhood
because I had quite a few tye dye shirts back in my day.
Hope you have a chance to visit these fun shops! I will get cooking so I can post some fun recipes soon!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! It makes my mouth water and belly hurt all over again! We need to do this more often! Thanks for coming to get me that day...I needed it. Love you,
    Montell

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Mrs. Backers! I haven't been there in forever, but lots of good memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you guys had a great time!!! You better call me next time!!! Loves, Dana

    ReplyDelete