A week and a half ago my family dropped my little brother Sam off at the Provo MTC because he has decided to serve a 2 year LDS mission. He got his call to Brazil! I am so excited for him and very proud of his decision to serve a mission. He had his farewell talk at church a couple weeks ago, and after church we had friends and family over for food and mingling. I decided to make some Brazil themed cupcake pops. I thought they would be such a cute center piece to the tables, and then after they served their purpose as a cute center piece people could enjoy their yumminess. Well...my idea of having them as a center piece was very short lived:) I got them all ready and set them on the tables and before I could blink they were gone! Devoured in seconds, everyone loved them! It is more important to me that people enjoy them rather than they serve as a cute center piece:) So here is the very simple recipe I used for the center of the pops. I used an oreo truffle recipe which is absolutely delicious! If you would like to know how to form them into cupcakes pops go to Bakerella's blog. She has great pictures and wonderful instructions.
- 1 (16 ounce) package OREO Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
- 1 (8 ounce) package PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- any type of chocolate or candy melts you wish to dip them into:) I use candy melts when making them into cupcake pops
- Crush cookies in food processor. Add cream cheese; mix until well blended. Roll cookie mixture into 42 balls, about 1-inch in diameter.
- Dip balls in chocolate; place on wax paper-covered baking sheet. (Any leftover chocolate can be stored at room temperature for another use.)
- Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Store leftover truffles, covered, in refrigerator.