Having a child with allergies if difficult I mean, I kind of think it should be against the laws of the universe that a child with an egg allergy be the daughter of what used to be an avid baker. At any rate, she is my daughter and I would take this darling egg allergy girl over any cake filled with eggy goodness. I am slowly but surely learning that my child doesn't have to miss out on all worldly deliciousness, because these oatmeal cookies are divine, heavenly, and most importantly EGG FREE! (cue all sorts of cartwheeling and shouting from all you egg free mommas out there!)
So here it is, this heaven sent recipe, and I hope you all enjoy!
No Egg Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional) (however, for me, these are never an option to put into a perfectly good oatmeal cookie!)
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Beat butter or margarine, sugars and vanilla until light and fluffy.
2. Add flour and salt, mix well.
3. Dissolve baking soda in boiling water and add to mixture. Stir in rolled oats, raisins and
4. Drop by teaspoonful onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 10-12 minutes.
5. Don't over cook.