Monday, January 26, 2009

Easy as 1, 2, 3....


A little while ago I was flipping through my sisters in laws gluten free cook book. I came a crossed a peanut butter cookie recipe that was so easy consisting only of 3 ingredients: peanut butter, sugar, and an egg. I just had to try it! It was so nice making something without a lot of clean up, but they just seemed too good to be true. I thought there was no way something so easy could be good. But I was very very wrong! They were very yummy, in fact, they tasted just like any other peanut butter cookie I had ever had. If I tried them at a party there was no way I would think that they only had 3 ingredients. I don't think I will ever use a different peanut butter cookie recipe again because they were so easy, delicious, and moist. Now, if anyone has a peanut butter cookie recipe that is just to die for I would love to hear it! But until I find one that is worth all the effort, I will stick to these easy as 1, 2,3 peanut butter cookies.
And, for an added plus for our Celiac friends, they are gluten free!

Easy Peanut Butter Cookies
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 cup crunchy peanut butter or smooth
Preheat oven to 400°F.

Combine ingredients and mix well. Roll into 1 inch balls. Place on ungreased an cookie pan. Press with back of a fork. Press again in the opposite direction to make criss-cross marks.

Bake for 8 to 10 minutes at 400°F. That's it!


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carly,
    Greetings from Chicago. I made these last night -- AMAZING!!! I was skeptical based on the premise -- if it's too good to be true, it probably isn't. How could something with so few ingredients and so quick to make be so amazingly good? I'm making a double batch tonight to give to friend tomorrow for her birthday. I think I've already passed this recipe along to a dozen people at work. The recipe is now locked into my brain. 1-1-1-400-8-10.
    Best regards,
    Paul

    ReplyDelete