Saturday, May 2, 2009

I'm busting out the swim suit, shades, and sunscreen-I'm going to Orlando!






This week has been crazy busy! I have been preparing to go to Orlando Florida and I can't believe that the time has finally come to leave! I have been looking forward for this trip for a year and a half! We are staying at the Gaylord Palms resort, anyone been there? It looks really fun and of course I had to do some research to see if there were any fun bakeries around and I found one called sweet! By good golly miss holly. I can't wait to try it out. I would love to hear from any of you who have been to Orlando and know of a yummy place to eat or a fun bakery/cupcakery.

So my friends, in honor of Florida I leave with you a delicious recipes for a key lime pie! I actually made both a keylime pie and tart. I gave the pie to a neighbor and my family and I devoured the tart. It was fabulous! This recipe is amazing and super easy. You could whip this up in no time. It's a definite recipe that will impress. I found this delicious recipe at the joy of baking. I am very sad to take a ten day break from baking, but I will continue posting my wonderful finds in florida.



Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C) and place the rack in the center of the oven.

Graham Cracker Crust: Mix together the graham cracker crust, sugar, and melted butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a well greased 9 inch (23 cm) pie or tart pan. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator to chill while you make the filling.

Filling: In the bowl of your electric mixer, with the whisk attachment, beat the egg yolks until pale and fluffy (about 3 minutes). Gradually add the condensed milk and beat until you have a light and fluffy mixture (4-5 minutes). Scrape down the sides of the bowl and beat in the lime juice and zest.

Pour the filling into the crust and bake for about 10 minutes, or until the filling is set. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool. Once it has completely cooled, cover and refrigerator until serving time. (The pie can be made to this point and stored in the refrigerator for a couple of days.) Just before serving make the whipping cream.

In a separate bowl, beat the whipping cream until soft peaks form. Add the sugar and beat until stiff peaks form. Either pipe or place mounds of whipping cream on top of the filling.

Makes 1 - 9 inch (23 cm) pie or tart.

And it is very late and I need to wake up early to catch a plane

and I can't figure out how to delete these google adds, so sorry about that!









GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST:

1 1/4 cup (125 grams) graham cracker crumbs

2 tablespoons (30 grams) granulated white sugar

5 - 6 tablespoons (70 - 85 grams) unsalted butter, melted

FILLING:

3 large egg yolks

One 14 - ounce (390 grams) can sweetened condensed milk

1/2 cup (120 grams) key lime juice

2 teaspoons grated lime zest

TOPPING:

1 cup (240 ml) heavy whipping cream

2 tablespoons (25 grams) granulated white sugar

1 comment:

  1. I have stayed at the Gaylord Palms. You will love it. The rooms were gorgeous, the service was amazing, and the whole resort is just plain wonderful. Have fun. We will miss you at Play Group.

    ReplyDelete