Friday, May 22, 2009

Last Day in Paris...



Micah and I have done a lot in the past couple of days! Unfortunately, I haven't been able to post before now because we haven't had free internet, and it was hard to find the time. We are now in Gijon and do have free internet! Thus, a very lenghty post with lots of pics:) The last couple days in Paris were really fun. We went to Ina Garten's favorite restaurant in Paris, Le Soleil. I had no idea what it would be like, all Ina said was that it is an "earthy French restaurant". As soon as I walked in I knew what she meant. It was very rustic and natural. Micah and I sat down and looked at the menu, there was nothing under 20 Euros! At this point we were committed-we were already seated and couldn't just get up and walk away! We decided this would be one of our splurges for food. Micah ordered the veal and I ordered the chicken. It was delicious, well worth the money. Before the food they served us bread with the biggest slab of buter I have ever seen! It was delicious. There is way too much for me to tell you all about, so hopefully the following pictures will help tell the rest of my stories. Micah and I are currently busy eating pastries and yummy candies in Spain, it is gorgeous here and I can't wait to share you pics of Spain soon!


You thought I was kidding about the butter didn't you?...

It was insane! And super yummy:)
Micah's veal, I loved how they plated everything-beautiful

My chicken-again-pesentation was amazing!
I couldn't leave Paris without going to Pierre Herme, look how
fun and colorful the store is!
Pierre Herme vs. Laduree: I couldn't wait to try a macaron from Pierre Herme
and compared it to Laduree. I got a caramel fleur de sel macaron from Pierre Herme,
it was delicious, texture was fabulous and the
filling thick and amazing! However...the winner of the best macaron is....
Laduree!

I also had to top the night off with one more pastry from Laduree,
this time a pistachio and strawberry pastry:)....ok AND a tarte au citron....yes I went a little over board
but when is the next time I will be in Paris?
Of course we visited the eifle tower, and just bare with the
kissing pic:) It is Paris-the most romantic place in the world!
I couldn't resist:)

1 comment:

  1. I must confess that I am pretty jealous of your travels lately. Looks like you guys have had a great time!!

    ReplyDelete