Friday, December 7, 2012

Meltaways


There are many recipes for meltaway cookies out there, but I have to say, I think I have the best one:)

This recipe was given to me by one of my moms friends.  She made these heavenly pieces at a baby shower I went to and I fell in love!  This petite little cookie stands true to it's name, they most definitely melt away in your mouth.  They are a rich little cookie, however that doesn't stop me from devouring 5 or 6 in a sitting.  These cookies are best made smaller than your average cookie.  I just use my cookie scoop, scoop the dough up like normal, and then when I pop the ball of dough out of the scooper I then cut that in half.  So you get two cookies out of one cookie scoop.  Am I making sense?? :)

Another tip, I like to refrigerate my dough for twenty minutes or so before working with it.   These cookies also don't really spread out so I flatten them a bit before baking.  Before frosting them with an amazing cream cheese frosting (which I recommend) it's very important to freeze the cookies for 15 minutes or so or else they will just crumble.  I was lazy this time around and just used store bought cream cheese frosting mixed with some extra cream cheese and almond extract to give it a more homemade taste.  If you want a really yummy cream cheese frosting, I would recommend THIS one.



I wish I had more of these lying around.  I really, really do.  Sniff.  Sniff.

Melt Aways

1/2 lb butter (softened)
1/3 c powdered sugar
3/4 c. corn starch
1 c. flour
(my addition, 1/2 tsp almond extract)

Cream butter,  Add powdered sugar, cream together.  Then add other ingredients and blend on low until it forms dough.  

On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and using a small cookie scooper (or using my tip above) scoop dough out and slightly flatten.  Bake 350 for 8-10 minutes, you don't want the cookies to brown and you just want to see small cracks.  Ten minutes was perfect for me.  Put in freeze for a bit before frosting.

3 comments:

  1. I am definitely going to make these with my gf flour....I wonder if they will still meltaway? Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh dang it! It's 8am and I have a mad cookue craving! Thanks a lot...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The frosting recipe you suggested has coconut in it do you leave that in there?

    ReplyDelete